Warning

This blog is intended for the use and enjoyment of those over 18 years old. If you are under 18 please leave immediately, before your parents catch you.

Thursday 7 November 2013

Apologies for the blogging slacking.

I just wanted to drop in and say hello and to apologise for my tardiness with fresh blog posts.
At the moment, life is crazy busy and something had to give. Sadly that something had to be blogging.
Hopefully I should be back on track by the end of next week. In the meantime I'm going to leave you with a very small snippet from Mastering Maeve.


A shift in attitude.

Intro: Maeve and Larry, through lack of choice, have been working together very closely trying to repair the hotel's profitability issues. In spite of herself, Maeve finds she is becoming more reliant on his guidance and good advice. And when she keeps her cool long enough to see past his stern exterior she finds she's becoming quite attached...


“I didn’t know you were leaving so soon,” Maeve said almost accusingly. “I’ll miss you,” she added so softly that she wasn’t sure if he heard it. If he did, it seemed he was choosing not to comment, keeping the conversation light.
“It’s not for long; there are some things that need to be taken care of on the ranch. I’ll be back as soon as it’s resolved. I also need to see my lawyer to get the contract finalised before I can transfer funds to you.”
She was only vaguely aware of his reassuring tone and smile; all she could focus on was the fact that he was leaving. She should have felt relief, not disappointment. After all, he had been a hard taskmaster and she was still slightly nervous of his temper. And yet she couldn’t help that sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.
“You were about to tell me your observations on the different services today,” he prompted, changing the subject yet again.


For blurb and buy links click here

No comments:

Post a Comment